Wednesday, June 23, 2010

He actually caught one!

Look at those honeydew vines!!!
The corn is getting tall in one section of the garden.
Can you see the green beans?
The beginning of a honeydew!
A tiny cucumber.
This is the shady spot in the garden. It's taken a long time for the watermelon vine to get going.
This is the catfish Garrett caught!!!
The proud fisherman with his catch.
Yesterday around 8 PM, Garrett and I headed over to an urban fishing pond. He took two poles with him. He prepared one pole and cast out his hook (baited with a worm). He put that pole down, and while he was in the middle of preparing the other pole, the first pole moved slightly. He picked it up and...reeled in a catfish! The catfish was about 14 inches long. We stayed and fished for another hour and a half, but the catfish was the only catch of the day. Still, a pretty good catch if you ask me! We're going to have catfish for dinner tonight.

The garden is also coming along. The cucumbers are doing well. What I'm really hoping will do well are the honeydew vines! I love honeydew!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! Your garden is really starting to grow now! I can't wait until I can plant my own garden one day. Such fun...

    ReplyDelete