Sunday, June 6, 2010

Family Reunion Fun






Garrett and I went to his hometown last week for his brother Jordan's graduation (congrats Jordan...sorry I didn't get any pictures). From there, we journeyed to a family reunion on Garrett's great uncle's ranch. I'm not sure I will have any luck properly labeling the pictures, but I will try:
The first picture is of Garrett's parents. The second picture is of Garrett's oldest brother and his family. The woman working the kitchen cutting up peppers is Grandma Pitrat. After that is a picture of Garrett and me. Below us is a picture of Uncle Wayne and Aunt Sheri. I didn't get any pictures on my camera of Amber (one of Garrett's older sisters) and her family, nor of Candy and Clint and Darrell and his family. However...I do have some video footage of them on my video camera. The area where the ranch is located is beautiful! The food was delicious-Wayne and Sheri sure know how to feed a crowd! We had bar-b-q chicken and pork, rice, a bell pepper/vegetable medley (grilled), fruit salad, plus roasted green chiles and "cheese crisps" (tortillas filled with cheese, grilled, so that the cheese melts). Aunt Candy brought chili too! The drive to and from the reunion was also fun. We drove on Route 66 and stopped for ice-cream on the way, plus we saw the town where Garrett's mom lived from age 7 to the time she left for college. Reunions are a my favorite way to collect family history!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun! You've been quite the travelers lately.

    ReplyDelete