Sunday, May 2, 2010

Melons and Peppers and Pumpkins, OH MY!












I finally got our garden re-planted. Having never tried to keep a garden alive in the intense Arizona summer heat, I'm not sure how it will do. I plan to water it a lot. I planted some honeydew, watermelon, pumpkin, corn, bell peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, and green onions. A friend at church gave me some bean and squash starts to plant. We'll see how it all goes! Now, perhaps you may be wondering how all of those plants could fit in our box garden. They can't! I am utilizing a narrow space of garden between the apartment and the sidewalk for increased garden space. It was growing a lot of weeds, so I figured I could get rid of the weeds and try to grow something useful in the space. A few sprouts have come up in the box garden (I planted that about a week and a half ago), but no sprouts yet in the other garden (as I just planted it the other day). There are before and after pictures of both the box garden and the garden space alongside the apartment. Unfortunately, they are showing up in the wrong order in the post-the after pictures appear first, while the before pictures appear after. Sigh. Someday I will figure out how to put the pictures in the right order.

1 comment:

  1. so when are you coming up to put my garden in? he hee just kidding. it looks great can't wait to see how it turns out. Maybe you can carve your own pumpkins for halloween this year ;)

    ReplyDelete